Being a completely new to blogging, I've stumbled on to some really fun bloggers that I am now obsessed with. One of my new favorite imaginary friends is Andy. He's thrown down the gauntlet, and I'm looking forward to the challenge.
100 Totally Awesome Random things about me!
1. My first name is Heather
2. Dad wanted to name me Paulie. Thanks Mom!
3. My mom gave me the middle name Rainbow.
4. She was driving down Rainbow Blvd in Las Vegas and thought it would be perfectly acceptable to name her daughter after a weed and a trashy boulevard.
5. My parents were (are?) also hippies. It made sense.
6. The parents divorced when I was 3.
7. I didn't officially meet my dad again until I was 15.
8. I was raised as the oldest of 4 kids, but I actually have an older half brother that I've met a few times and a half sis that I've met 3 times. Also rumored that there is another older brother but I don't even know what his name is. Dad believed in Free Love!
9. My Mom remarried when I was 5.
10. I grew up on a farm in southern Utah.
11. That's right. I was raised in the LDS church (Mormon's for all ya'll who don't know).
12. I can be incredibly naive.
13. My mom smoked pot all through my high school career and I had no idea.
14. She also posed for Playboy my Junior year of highschool. I didn't find this out until last year.
15. LAST YEAR! Almost 15 years after the fact. My brother knew, and he never told me!
16. That could be because of the intense psychological scarring due to him trying to get into my mom's pot stash and finding "porn" (actually was just one of those softcore lingerie shoots) in there. His buddies were watching it with him and after a few minutes pointed out "Dude, THAT'S YOUR MOM!"
17. I'm super proud that my mom was in Playboy at 40. This gives me hope that one day I'll magically turn into a swan. Ha!
18. No, I won't tell you what issue she was in. Stop asking already!
19. I have pyromanic tendencies. My best friend and I burned down a field when we were kids. Luckily only sagebrush incinerated before her dad happened to drive by and put out the fire.
20. Both of my childhood best friends got pregnant at the age of 15.
21. This freaked me out so much that I didn't have sex until I was just a few months shy of 20.
22. Yes. Pre-marital sex... by this time I was a Jack-Mormon.
23. Which is pretty surprising considering that I used to be quite the Molly Mormon. This was my way of rebelling against my parents.
24. I swear like a sailor.
25. My daughter is the only kid in her daycare that drops the f-bomb. Fuck! Gotta work on watching the language.
26. Just realized that I may have filled out one of these 100 things about me before.
27. If I did, its not saved on this computer. Damnit!
28. I used to compete at the County Fair Rodeo.
29. Barrel racing, and the poles.
30. My horse was so old I'm amazed she didn't keel over when we competed.
31. Her name was Heidi.
32. My first horse was named Scooter.
33. I was dumb one day and walked up behind Scooter without any warning.
34. She kicked my scrawny ass and I went flying across the street. Left a horseshoe shaped bruise that I really hoped would scar.
35. It didn't.
36. After that incident I was so scared of horses that I refused to go near them for years.
37. I hate the saying about how you should get back on a horse after you get bucked off. If I were a horse and bucked somebody off, and then they climbed back on, you can be damn sure that I'd buck them off again!
38. Speaking of scars. I have lots of them. Chicks dig scars, right? Um, well except I'm not into chicks so much.
39. I got ran over by a '67 Ford truck when I was 6 years old.
40. By the janitor of the elementary school, on school property.
41. Why am I not rich?! Because my parents don't believe in suing.
42. Which is why I went to a crappy junior college.
43. And then joined the military to continue my education.
44. My first 2 knee surgeries were because of the "incident".
45. I've had an additional 2 knee surgeries since then, with the last being in February.
46. I love to read.
47. I can easily read a book a day. As long as its not non-fiction.
48. It took me a very long time to learn to read. Wasn't until I found books that I liked to read that I really became a bookworm.
49. I hate math.
51. Mostly because I'm dyslexic with numbers. I'll understand the concept of math, but get the numbers transposed and then I'm toast.
52. When I was a kid I wanted to be a screenwriter when I grew up.
53. Or an actress.
54. Or an archeologist.
55. Or a doctor.
56. Or a writer.
57. Or an astronomer.
58. Instead I became a radiology technologist.
59. And then a nuclear medicine technologist.
60. But I'm bored and now I'm going back to school in January.
61. I think I'll major in underwater basket weaving.
62. So really, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
63. In spite of the fact that I make really good money doing my job.
64. Oh yeah, I wanted to be a photographer too...
65. I'm a major league clutz.
66. I consistently trip over non-existent cracks in the floor.
67. I run into door frames daily.
68. I blame this on two things.
69. A. I have no depth perception. Wish I had known this before I signed up for Little League baseball.
70. Broke my nose two times trying to catch a fly ball, and I still signed up to play a second season. Glutton for punishment!
71. B. Uh. I'm pretty sure I had a point here.
72. Oh, I wanted to be a helicopter pilot! Failed the vision test for obvious reasons.
73. ADD runs in my family. I don't have ADHD and function pretty well so I went undiagnosed but if you ever get me talking (or typing) its really hard to follow my rapid lane changes in conversations.
74. My nickname is Matilda Jane.
75. When I was 3 I refused to answer to my own name and would only respond if called "Matilda Jane".
76. No one in my family knows where this nick name came from.
77. When I was in basic training my Grandma would send me stuff she had been working on, geneology mostly. I was amazed how many Matilda's, Jane's, and and all sorts of variations on the name that are in my family line.
78. My best friend's nickname are Bubba Sue and Maggie Lou.
79. My boyfriend's nickname is Puker. I have the hardest time calling him this, even though I've been asked more than once not to call him by his given name.
80. He calls me MJ. I love that.
81. Just realized that a lot of this stuff I'm typing isn't necessarily about me. Still interesting-ish I hope though!
82. I have naturally curly hair.
83. No idea as to what it's natural hair color is though.
84. Spanish was my first language.
85. I can't actually speak spanish any more.
86. I can barely speak english, quite honestly. I have a large vocabulary, but a speech impediment that pops up occasionally where I say a word the way I read it, not necessarily how it's pronounced.
87. I can speak double dutch though! Which has nothing to do with jumping rope. It's a bastard cousin of pig-latin.
88. I like to bake goodies, but I am a terrible "cook"
89. More than once I served my hubby practically raw chicken. In my defense, our oven wasn't working properly. I cooked it for 45 minutes, it should have been done!
90. I used to be a World of Warcraft junkie. I even have the multiple level 70 characters to prove it.
91. Haven't played WoW since my ex-husband and I separated over a year ago.
92. I was really really really mad at him when we separated (der!) and deleted all of his characters. And then changed his password. Vindictive much?
93. I also stopped watching tv. Well, I watch movies.
94. And my favorite shows when they come out on DVD.
95. I have no idea how I ever got anything accomplished before.
96. My first job other than babysitting was cleaning hotel rooms during the summer. I was 12 years old.
97. I've worked at Arby's, Wendy's, Chevron in highschool. As a nanny, a hostess, college computer lab tech, a CNA, material's testing lab technician, uh I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Oh yeah, like my current job.
98. I've currently got a cat named Snagglepuss, she has 7 toes on each foot.
99. And a 12 year old dog named Chewbacca (who is actually the BF's but Chewy sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed so I think he's adopted me).
100. I took 8 years of piano lessons. I can only play christmas music and chopsticks. I also took clarinet, guitar, and flute lessons. I can't play any of those any more. Lame!
Life In Pieces
10 months ago