Saturday, November 15, 2008

No, I can only use my powers for good.

Aaargh! Attempting to find a name for my blog was frustrating. Every thing that I could think of had already been taken, and then quickly abandoned six years ago. I'm just not that original I suppose, but then the epiphany occurred... surely no one has taken my nickname at work and voila! A blog is born.

A little background about myself. I'm a Nuclear Medicine technologist (thus the "Geiger Girl"), I've been working in a cardiology clinic running stress tests for 4 years, the last 2 years in Alaska.

Do I have anything noteworthy to blog about? Not likely. But I get drawn into reading other peoples blogs and it doesn't matter how um... lame their posts are, I eat 'em up. Its almost like taking a walk through a neighborhood where they don't shut the blinds. Little glimpses into people's lives. One of my favorite things about Halloween (second to the candy coma I'd be in later) was being able to peek into stranger's homes. "Ahhh, so that's how other people live. Interesting!"

3 comments:

  1. I actually just changed that setting to allow random visitors yesterday in an attempt to bore random people I DON'T know for a change --- so be happy to know you're my first "random" and I hope not to disappoint.

    Good luck with the 6-month goal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, the part about peeking into other people's houses. My youngest son does that when he gets up to the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally do this... and the Pretend Husband thinks I'm nuts. Although, now that we're redoing our kitchen, I think he finds it's a good way to get ideas!

    ReplyDelete