These are called Magical for two reasons. 1. That I actually got in the kitchen and made something other than macaroni & sleaze and 2. because it's a miracle that we didn't eat them all before I took them to work. These are yummy! And super easy to make. Healthy too, oatmeal, eggs, flour... I feel good giving them to my toddler for breakfast! Heheh. I would post a picture, but we already ate them all. Oops!
Heather's Magical Cookie Bars
** Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes**
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
0.5 tsp salt
1.5 cup flour
4 cups oatmeal
Chocolate Sauce *melt in microwave
12 oz package of chocolate chips (I used Nestle semi-sweet)
1 can Eagle brand milk (sweetened condensed milk)
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix ingredients together
- Set aside1.5 cup of mixture, you will use this to crumble over top the chocolate sauce
- Press remaining mixture into a thin layer on a sheet pan. This is the hardest part, sometimes its helpful to spray cling wrap with non-stick spray and then use that to flatten mixture onto pan.
- Pour melted chocolate sauce over mixture
- Crumble remaining mixture over the chocolate sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Give some away so you don't eat them all, like I tend to do! :)