Thursday, April 30, 2009

Magical Cookie Bar recipe

Today I brought some "I love you guys for not kicking me while I'm down" cookie bars to work. My coworkers are great, they were so helpful while I was being Hop-Along-Heather that I had to reward them with my Magical Cookie Bars. I got such a great response from the cookies, with lots of people asking for the recipe that I thought I'd share online as well.

These are called Magical for two reasons. 1. That I actually got in the kitchen and made something other than macaroni & sleaze and 2. because it's a miracle that we didn't eat them all before I took them to work. These are yummy! And super easy to make. Healthy too, oatmeal, eggs, flour... I feel good giving them to my toddler for breakfast! Heheh. I would post a picture, but we already ate them all. Oops!


Heather's Magical Cookie Bars

** Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
**

2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
0.5 tsp salt
1.5 cup flour
4 cups oatmeal


Chocolate Sauce *melt in microwave
12 oz package of chocolate chips (I used Nestle semi-sweet)
1 can Eagle brand milk (sweetened condensed milk)
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla


Directions:

  1. Mix ingredients together
  2. Set aside1.5 cup of mixture, you will use this to crumble over top the chocolate sauce
  3. Press remaining mixture into a thin layer on a sheet pan. This is the hardest part, sometimes its helpful to spray cling wrap with non-stick spray and then use that to flatten mixture onto pan.
  4. Pour melted chocolate sauce over mixture
  5. Crumble remaining mixture over the chocolate sauce.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
  7. Give some away so you don't eat them all, like I tend to do! :)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't make it past the 1st ingredient before I knew why they were so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sound so good (and definitely like something I should make only if there are plenty of people around to help me eat them!) I am looking forward to trying this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete